(this will appear on description)
Small domestic and service kill abattoir, North Of Mackay QLD. Placed on the market for sale September 2016.
- Common name used – Kemp Meats4.
- Facility was placed on market for sale in September 20164.
- Mackay is located in the Tropical climate of Northern Queensland on the east coast.
Insert – Australia map. location of approximate town site.
(Make Australia map default picture for site.)
Insert – Locality map of more localised area of site
Other abattoirs in Australia
Go to this link to view Location of Australian Abattoirs
- Owners names and approximate time period of operation
- Small domestic service kill abattoir4
- Provided a kill for cattle to large Lotus Park Feedlot near Marlborough4
- Capacity of 40 cattle per day and 50 pigs or 100 lambs per day4
- 60 ha site4.
- Infrastructure includes4;
- Freezing and chilling infrastructure to cater for 40 bodies of beef a day
- Separate small stock chiller.
- Rendering plant includes a dual fuel boiler by diesel or tallow.
- Surrounding holding paddocks, sown to signal, pangola and Rhodes grasses
- 3 bedroom managers/caretakers residence
- Receival yards at the plant
- second set of steel cattle yards in the paddocks
- 4 bay machinery shed
- Bore is commercially licensed to supply the abattoir
History of Sarina. QLD
- September. Sarina abattoir is placed on the market to sell4.
- Other Australian abattoirs for sale at this time
Sale agent details for inquiries to Sarina Abattoir
Sources of Sarina. QLD
- ‘World on a plate. A history of meat processing in Australia’ Stephen Martyn
- Ausmeat Accreditation list – Date
- Facility website
- ‘Three meat processing plants hit the market – What’s behind it? Beef Central 14.09.2016