Hema Maps – Australia Truckies atlas.
- Bill and Brian Crowson1
- Small abattoir built approximately 1 mile from homestead(Pg 26)1
- Only operational for a year due to several reasons1
- Health department requirements of cartage and storage of boxes of beef. Dept wouldn’t accept their method of loading the beef into 20′ cold room on a truck and transported 300km to be loaded in to another cold store.(Pg 27)1
#1. Source. ‘The privileged few’ Jeff Hill. Pg 26
Small meatworks at Montejinni station, built by Bill Crowson in the 1960’s
- Abattoir had lain idle since 1960’s.(Pg 27)1
- dismantled to open up space for light aircraft.(pg 27)1
- Cold room taken to Uralla meats in Katherine – an abattoir Lyn Hayes and Ernie Raynor were establishing between Katherine and Tindal Airbase.(pg 27)1
- Note I can’t info on this abattoir – though a pet food meat processor named Uralla is mentioned in some articles.
- ‘The privileged few’ Jeff Hill. 2008
Tagged: Abattoir history, Abattoirs in Australia, abattoirs operating timelines, australian abattoir history, Australian co-operative abattoir, Australian meat processing, Australian meat processing facilities, Bega, Bega Valley, rabbit abattoir, rabbit and poultry processing abattoir, small scale abattoir, Small species abattoir
Leave a Reply