(this will appear on description)
Short paragraph describing facility (Export / domestic), purpose (Livestock slaughtered and location.
- Operating business name1
- Common name used
- Is the facility currently in operation
- Aus meat Accreditation number
- Operator website links
- Contact for employment
- Contact for sales.
- Description of physical location in relation to main town and state
- distance to main urban areas or export sites of that state
Insert – Australia map. location of approximate town site.
(Make Australia map default picture for site.)
Insert – Locality map of more localised area of site
Other abattoirs in Australia
Go to this link to view Location of Australian Abattoirs
- Owners names and approximate time period of operation
- Aus-meat accreditation dates.
- Website link to owner of facility
- Employment link to operator of facility
- Sale enquiries
- Type of facility and accreditations for livestock types1
- April. Current manager – David Madden4
- Facility is currently processing stock and supplying local butcher outlet and Victorian distribution hub4
- Current 20 workers at the facility4
- Lambs are processed as 24kg carcases4
- Costing $30 per lamb to freight to the Australian mainland4.
- Cressy #19. Tas has received some of the Flinders Island workers5
- Cressy also takes on some of the service kills once processed at Flinders5.
- ‘World on a plate. A history of meat processing in Australia’ Stephen Martyn
- Ausmeat Accreditation list – Date
- Facility website