Charleville game meat abattoir processed mainly kangaroos that were hunted in the region. The collapse of the Russian export market in 2009 caused it’s closure. It was proposed to reopen after a significant refurbishment by a Chinese investor with $45M. The facility was to be revamped to process mainly cattle.
- Operating business name
- Charleville kangaroo works
- Facility is currently closed2
- Aus meat Accreditation number
- Operator website links
- Contact for employment
- Contact for sales.
- Description of physical location in relation to main town and state
- distance to main urban areas or export sites of that state
Insert – Australia map. location of approximate town site.
(Make Australia map default picture for site.)
Insert – Locality map of more localised area of site
Location relative to other abattoirs across Australia
How this map works.
This is a google engine layered map. At the moment it consists of 7 layers. By clicking on the box on the right hand side of the layers names it will illustrate the location of the abattoirs.
This is a work in progress and is not a complete list of all abattoirs that have operated in Australia or are currently operating.
Locations are approximate and are in relation to the closest town to which they are addressed.
The same abattoir site may appear in two different lists.
Use this link to access the Google map Australian Abattoirs locations.
- Owners names and approximate time period of operation
- Aus-meat accreditation dates.
- Website link to owner of facility
- Employment link to operator of facility
- Sale enquiries
- Type of facility and accreditations for livestock types1
- Facility closes2
- Russian export market collapses2
- August. Facility is proposed to reopen in 2017 as a cattle, donkey, camel and horse abattoir2
- Owner. John Burey2
- Investment has been obtained from a Chinese investor $45M2.
- Chinese Investor has also become partner in the business2.
- Money was also raised through loans2
- Construction is to start in September 20162.
- Facility will employ 140 people2
- Facility upgrades taking 9-10 months2
- Point of difference with Charleville (Game meat) is that the nearest cattle abattoir is Oakey #558 QLD, near Toowoomba, 800 km away2.
- Facility website
- ‘Charleville set to get abattoir in 2017’ Sunshine daily 02/08/2016