A proposal put forward to convert a disused abattoir previously used for ostriches and emu to goat, in 2008.
- Collarenebri is located in far north west NSW on the Barwon river. Aprroximately 600 km north west of Newcastle. The abattoir is located on Mungindi road1.
Hema Maps – Australia Truckies atlas.
- Previously had been a emu and ostrich abattoir that had failed1
- February. Dellmain, a company plans to develop goat abattoir in Collarenebri1
- Development application was publicly exhibited1
- process 750 goats a day for 250 days of the year (approximately 8 months of the year)1
- Create 40 direct jobs, maybe 100 more indirect1
- If approved abattoir could open in April or May 2008.1
- Main markets are ethnic communities in United States.1
- ‘Goat meatworks promises Collarenebri jobs boost’ ABC News. 07.02.2008.
Tagged: Abattoir history, Abattoirs in Australia, abattoirs operating timelines, australian abattoir history, Australian meat processing, Australian meat processing facilities, Goat processing, New South Wales abattoir, NSW abattoir, NSW meat processors