Pakenham abattoir is located in Southern Victoria and is the one of the largest export abattoirs in Southern Australia. Processing high quality grass and grainfed beef.
- G & K O’Connor’s
- Operational – As at time of writing. 23.12.13.
- Pakenhan is a south eastern suburb of Melbourne
Hema Maps – Australia Truckies atlas.
- G & K O’Connors1
- partially Japanese shareholding1
- One of the largest export abattoirs in Southern Australia1
- Employs 300 people1
- Processes high quality grass and grainfed beef1
- exports approximately 70% of production1
- supplies to markets Halal, EU, China and Japan1
- Sells product under number of brand names including O’Connor1
- Sources majority of supply from Gippsland region, east and north of Melbourne.1
- Amendment C176 to the Cardinia Planning Scheme allow future expansion of the abattoirs site and security due to other infrastructure planned by govenernment including roads and access.
- ‘O’Conner gets land use approval for future development’ Beef Central 23.12.13.
- ‘$315 million boost for Pakenham abattoir’ Edward Donohue. Member for eastern Victoria. 25.02.13.
Tagged: Abattoir history, abattoirs currently operating, Abattoirs in Australia, abattoirs in Victoria, abattoirs operating timelines, australian abattoir history, Australian meat processing, Australian meat processing facilities, G & K O'Connor abattoir. large export abattoir, Pakenham abattoir, victorian abattoir, Victorian abattoirs, Victorian meat processing facilities
Leave a Reply