- Gundagai is located 70 km east of Wagga Wagga
Hema Maps – Australia Truckies atlas.
- Aus-Meat Accreditation. As at 02/10/2017.
- Export abattoir processing Beef, sheep and pigs.
- Up to half of NSW 56 abattoirs could close with the loss of up to 5,000 jobs1
- abattoirs are outdated and inefficent1
- Long awaited restructuring of the state’s meat processing sector needs to occur and has begun1
- Beef export abattoirs at Wingham (NSW), Mudgee (NSW), Gunnedah (NSW) and Inverell (NSW) are most at risk to close1
- Small number of modernised plants likely to survive restructuring Young (NSW), Cootamundra (NSW), Gundagai (NSW), Culcairn (NSW), Harden (NSW)1
- Handful of efficient and niche market operators insulated from fall out Casino (NSW), Macksville (NSW), Scone (NSW) and Lismore (NSW)1
- New privately owned and speciality sheep plants such as Goulburn (NSW) and Dubbo (NSW) killing 60% of NSW mutton are examples of what can be achieved by investment in capital1
- Increased US beef into previous Australian market share in Japan, Korea and Taiwan increased pressure1
- Live export of 500,000 cattle to Indonesia and Philippines increased pressure on operations of abattoirs1
- ‘5,000 jobs at risk: Abattoirs facing closure’ Sydney Morning Herald 21.05.1996